Should You Register With HMRC For Rental Income

As far back as I can remember, there has always been some confusion amongst tax payers who own one or two rented properties as to if and when to register with HM Revenue & Customs for rental income. The question often arises because for a substantial number of Landlords the profit or surplus from rental income is small or they may even be making a loss. This is always the case in situations where people have entered the rental market for the capital gains as opposed to net income from rented property. Contained in this article, is a comprehensive and straightforward guide on when and how to register with HMRC for rental income: 

Registering With Inland Rev – Rental Income | Tax Expert … Mon, 18 Aug 2014 11:11:28 -0700

HMRC will require you to do a tax return if you have any other source of income that is not totally straightforward. So you will need to tell them about the rental income, and then fill out a tax return, adding in the income and …

Read more …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *